Need education financing?
Next to purchasing a home, an education is quickly becoming a person's second largest lifetime investment. From tuition to housing — expenses quickly add up while you're in school. Central One is here to help by providing affordable college financing (and refinancing) programs.
When federal financial aid is not enough, Central One student loans are here to help. Central One offers two options for education financing: Student Choice and Credit Union Student Loans .
Each option has different rates and requirements. If you would like additional information before applying, please call a member support representative, use the live chat feature or stop by a branch today.
Student Choice Loan
Best Use: Four-Year University
- Funds may be used for undergraduate programs at Title IV and not-for-profit schools only. Find out if your school qualifies .
- Variable rate as low as 7.50 % APR
- Borrow up to $75,000 maximum per person (student or cosigner)
- Co-Borrower may not be required
- No origination fees
- Repayment terms of 20 or 25 years
Credit Union Student Loan
Best Use: Community College
- Funds can be used for any accredited two-year junior or community college program.
- Fixed rate as low as 9.500 % APR
- Borrow up to $10,000
- Two qualified co-borrowers may be required
- No origination fees
- Repayment terms of up to 10 years
Several payment options including:
- Automatic payroll deduction from you paycheck's direct deposit
- Recurring or one-time online payments using your online banking account
- By phone using Tel-Talk telephone banking
- In person at any Central One branch location
- By mail
Refinance and Consolidate with Student Choice
Best Use: Out of school and currently employed
With a Central One Student Choice Consolidation loan, you can combine multiple private student loans (and their loan payments), into one loan with a single payment. You can only consolidate or refinance private student loans.
When you consolidate multiple student loans or refinance a single student loan, you may receive a lower monthly payment with a reduced interest rate or an extended repayment term. However, extending your repayment term may increase the amount of interest you pay over the life of the loan.
- Potentially lower monthly payments
- Consolidate multiple private student loans or refinance a single private student loan
- Reduce your loan cost by qualifying for 0.25% interest rate reduction with Auto-Draft/ACH from a Central One account
- No application fee, origination fee, processing fee or disbursement fee.
- Variable rate based on credit history, co-borrower (if applicable) and other factors.