Let Central One help you reach your financial goals with the Central Advantage program
Central Advantage Checking members receive:
- Premium certificate rates*, currently as high as 2.80 % APY**
- Reduced mortgage rates*** for: First time homebuyers, adjustable rate mortgages (primary residence purchases)
- $500 Home Depot gift card to first time homebuyers (after closing)
- No minimum balance requirement for Central Advantage Checking
- No monthly maintenance fees
- Discounted safe deposit box (half-price for the first year)
- Free box of safety-paper checks annually
- Over 55,000 fee free ATM's nationwide
To qualify for Central Advantage Checking, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be age 18 or older
- Maintain a minimum $1,000 monthly direct deposit into your Central Advantage Checking account
- Be enrolled in e-Statements
Premium Certificate Rate
Current Central Advantage Rates
|Certificate Term||Dividend Rate||APY**|| |
|6 Month||1.391 %||1.40 %|| |
|1 Year||1.834 %||1.85 %|| |
|18 Month||2.325 %||2.35 %|| |
|2 Year||2.374 %||2.40 %|| |
|30 Month||2.521 %||2.55 %|| |
|3 Year||2.55 %||2.60 %|| |
|5 Year||2.765 %||2.80 %|| |
IMPORTANT: Failure to maintain the requirements of the Central Advantage Checking or Central Advantage Premium Certificate accounts may result in placement in a Share Draft Checking or Regular Certificate account.
* Certificate Requirements: In addition to maintaining all other membership and Central Advantage account requirements, primary account owner must maintain a minimum certificate balance of $10,000. Certificates assume that dividends remain in the account until maturity. All certificate rates are fixed for the length of the term. A penalty may be imposed for withdrawals before maturity. If your account has an original maturity of one year or less, the penalty will equal three months dividends on the amount withdrawn. If your account has an original maturity of more than one year the penalty will equal six months dividends on the amount withdrawn. The penalty is calculated as a forfeiture of part of the dividends that have been or would be earned on the account. It applies whether or not the dividends have been earned. If the account has not yet earned enough dividends or if the dividend has already been paid, the penalty will be deducted from the principal. In certain circumstances such as the death or incompetence of an owner of this account, the law permits the waiver of the early withdrawal penalty. Other exceptions may also apply; for example, if the certificate is part of an IRA or other tax-deferred savings plan.
**Annual Percentage Yield.
*** Mortgage Rate Reduction and Jumbo Fixed Rates Requirements: In addition to maintaining all other membership and Central Advantage account requirements , mortgage must be on primary residence purchase only. All loan programs, rates, terms and conditions are subject to change. Loan approval and actual rate will be determined based on credit history, term, loan to value, and other factors. Please contact a Lending Specialist at 800-527-1017 for additional information.